[Mageia-artwork] MCC icon (again)

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 16:47:37 CEST 2012

Hi folks
Due to poor visibility we can't use the icon we had decided on.
So, I sat with Anne last week and we sort of worked out a new icon design.
It will be similar to the favicon for the website, meaning that it will
have the top of the cauldron and the bubbles with a gear.
The problem here is that the gray gear is more or less invisible on the
default gray background of the KDE bar.
Anne is reluctant to change the default KDE color (I can't imagine why), so
we need to come up with a creative solution, and we need to come up with it
*NOW*.
Attached is the svg for the icon we worked out. (Hidden in another layer
there is a square background which we toyed with and then discarded, if you
want to make it visible open the xml viewer and drag it to a different
position in the tree.)
Remember, only the square of the page will be visible in the end, and we
need 48x48, 32x32 and 20x20 icons and they all need to be visible.
So people, have at it! Brainstorm! Do creative things! Try and stay within
the confines of the color palette and rationality!
And have fun!
Max