[Mageia-artwork] Meeting tonight

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:44:39 CEST 2012

On 18 April 2012 12:40, Donald Stewart <watersnowrock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 April 2012 12:38, Thorsten van Lil <tvl83 at gmx.de> wrote:

>>> I have nothing further that needs discussing.
>>>
>>> There are issues with some bits of the artwork them namely:
>>>
>>> - Plymouth scaling
>>> - No colour on bootsplash logo
>>> - Icon in different places on background. (from last years position,
>>> and from background to background)
>>>
>>> Plymouth scaling.
>>> For me, this is wont fix as we just dont have the time to hack around
>>> until we get it working, so mga3.
>>>
>> What's wrong with the scaling?
>
> The icon gets crushed/stretched when a aspect ratio other than
> 1280x800 is used, thats all.

>From David Walser:
I love the new artwork, but I noticed a few minor issues.  Not sure
what to assign it to on Bugzilla, so I'll mention them here.

#####The image during boot/shutdown has a cauldron in the middle, but
it's squeezed horizontally, it's not wide enough.  Its aspect ratio is
off.####

When you start Mageia Control Center, there's a Mageia logo in the
background that's a bit too far up, and it bleeds under the text just
a little bit.

#####The Mageia logo on the desktop background in the bottom right
isn't in the same position it was before, it's a little further up and
left.  I had Plasma widgets placed so as not to cover it before, and
now it's partially obscured.  It'd be nice if the logo wouldn't move
around."#####