[Mageia-artwork] Poster proposal

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Thu Jan 12 10:30:24 CET 2012

Hey!

> I dabbled to make a poster layout, for all kind of events.
> You can find a picture of it here:
> https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3PacGxAp4iOzUE_xBptpsWFIzFZ2BaC21XF10gWwzE?feat=directlink
> It shadow in it looks a bit strange in picasa, so you may should
> download it before.
>
> The design is very similar to our website, to get a consistent
> look&feel. The used colours (expect for logo and icons) are from the
> colour palette. The content of the body is a copy of
> http://www.mageia.org/en/1/for-you/ , because I like the idea of using
> itemization with some buzz words.
>
> The current format is A0 (3509x4960px) because it was easier to work
> with, but can ofcourse be made for higher resolutions too.

This is a great poster for an event where you want people to get lots of
information from the poster. I'd like to look at the wording, and we could
have a more interesting graphic than the bubbles background - what about a
nice complex screenshot? - but the layout is fine.

Could we also have a landscape-orientation version? We could also do with
one just as a "here we are" sign, with less information on it.

I'll take a look at the text content on the weekend, if that's okay!

Cheers,

--
Trish Fraser
on the move