[Mageia-artwork] Artwork special meeting for Mga2

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:11:06 CET 2012

2012/1/20 Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl>:
>> in yesterday's council meeting we were discussing the until now
>> missing artwork for Mageia 2.
>
> Where are the minutes/logs? I'd like to read the arguments people made.
As all logs they can be found at http://meetbot.mageia.org/
The ones from last council meeting are at
http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-meeting/2012/mageia-meeting.2012-01-16-20.07.html

> I prefer either no or as little changes as possible to upstream. No
> custom gtk theme, etc. At most: bootup, logo in gdm (like Fedora has),
> maybe different background.
Well, that's why we want to discuss it. E.g. there should be a custom
background - the same on all desktops - if you ask me.

> In my view, the entire installation process should look like the final
> product. When I installed Mageia 1, it gave be a dated impression (text
> mode and so on).
Well I don't really understand, what you mean, but let's see on Wednesday.

> If you really want to modify GNOME heavily, I wouldn't know how. I still
> have to test how Mageia Cauldron/alpha looks in a default install. I
> could ask some of the GNOME artwork people to be around.
Well, I don't want to modify anything heavily, just some little things
to give it the Mageia look and feel.

Oliver