[Mageia-artwork] Banner and poster text suggestions

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Tue Jan 24 00:24:15 CET 2012

On 23/01/12 18:21, Patricia Fraser wrote:

>> 2012/1/23 Patricia Fraser<trish at thefrasers.org>:
>>> <heaves thankful sigh>  I'm glad you said that, Max - because it was
>>> *way* too late to change anything! The artwork's gone to the
>>> printer. Fingers now thoroughly crossed...
>> With artwork you will always have people loving it and people having a
>> different opinion. Artwork depends on individual taste, even if you
>> obey to all so-called color rules and whatever theories are out there.
>> The point before publishing is to have a majority of those who
>> participate to like your design. You can't do anything later.
>
> Yes - Seb came into the discussion a bit late.
>
> Cheers!

As I was expecting I may have been giving feedback to late, which I was.
I was going to a few hours or so earlier, but I guess even that would
have been to late.

I will see the banner and poster at FOSDEM I assume, and think they look
good :)!

I quite agree with what wobo had to say about people having different
opinions when it comes to artwork, and what the majority of people
interested in the artwork think is what matters.

Max typed: The red highlights of the i's has been thoroughly discussed
(at least, the need to have a warm color somewhere in the graphics has
been) and that is a pretty good use of it.

Ok that sounds good, and I wasn't in any artwork team discussions about
that.

 From Sebastian

P.S

My comment about the i's is an opinion, and was meant to be read as
constructive negative feedback.