[Mageia-artwork] [Mageia-marketing] Splash screens ready

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:55:51 CET 2012

They look nice, just a couple of points:
1) They are too large. They need to be 457x308 and instead are 459x309, not
a big deal, just a few pixels, but they need to be that precise size to fit
the installer window.
2) While we appreciate the hard work and effort that you put into this we
have a sort of a problem.
See, for the past couple of weeks the artwork team and the marcom team have
been working to come up with new images for the installer before the
artwork freeze.
There were various mailing threads and discussions on IRC and we came up
with a plan of action and were working on it.
In fact, we had pretty much finished the work that needed to be done. We
had the images in svg format, marcom was going to provide us with the text
to insert and we'd ship it out.
But now we have two full sets of images. The set that Guala had drawn up,
and that we all worked on and discussed, and the set that Esteban drew
himself.
And this puts us in a bit of a dilemma. We can't use both, the two are
artistically incompatible.
On the one hand I like Guala's images because they look much more polished
and professional, but Esteban's images, by their virtue of being simpler,
come across more strongly with the messages we want to convey.
I don't want to diminish anybody's hard work, but something needs to be
done here.
So what do we do?