[Mageia-artwork] [Mageia-marketing] Splash screens ready

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 23:16:23 CET 2012

OK, time is of the essence, but here is where we stand:
We will be using Guala's images for the installer for Mga2. There are
several reasons behind this decision, but chief among them is the fact that
those images were a group effort by the entire artwork and marcom teams.
Esteban, we greatly appreciate all the hard work that you put in, and
certainly the initiative that you showed. But Mageia is a community
distribution, and that means that it is a team effort. A community is not
merely a collection of individuals, but a group of people who work
together. Esteban, you are clearly a very talented person and we would be
more than happy if you were to join the artwork team and continue to
contribute. I for one look forward to working with you in the future, but
it needs to be done as part of a team. We'll probably hold on to those
images of yours and use them (or a slight variation) for Mga3.
Trish told me that she would put together some text for Guala's images soon
(within a day).
About whether the installer software will support svg images and multiple
languages... That is a very good idea, but I think it may have simply come
too late. Maybe next time? That will certainly require a lot of
coordination with the i18n team as well as packagers.
Finally a question: who knows what needs to be done so that the final 10
PNGs will get packaged and ready to go for Beta 2?

These are the images we will be using:
http://imgh.us/01_IM_mageia.png
http://imgh.us/02_IM_mageia.png
http://imgh.us/03_IM_mageia.png
http://imgh.us/04_IM_mageia.png
http://imgh.us/05_IM_mageia.png
http://imgh.us/06_IM_mageia.png
http://imgh.us/07_IM_mageia.png
http://imgh.us/08_IM_mageia.png
Keep in mind that the text there is temporary and at the end we will
probably only use 5 of them (each one twice with different text).
Have a good evening (or whatever).
Max