[Mageia-bugsquad] Wiki struscture

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 2 17:35:53 CEST 2011

Op 02-10-11 15:56, Samuel Verschelde schreef:
> Le dimanche 2 octobre 2011 12:55:19, Manuel Hiebel a écrit :
>> Le samedi 24 septembre 2011 à 16:45 +0200, Manuel Hiebel a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>> So this our final structure, thanks to Marga for the great work :)
>> http://titanpad.com/gNn4shxgrY
>>
>> Something missing, any comment ?

> There is something I don't know, concerning the bug team: what happens to bugs
> once they have been triaged?
> Said differently, does the bugteam work stop once the bug has been assigned to
> a maintainer, or does bug monitoring enter this team's work (try to contact
> the maintainers for stale bug reports, ask information again when the report
> hasn't answered yet, produce reports to monitor open bugs, then send feedback
> to the developers mailing list...)? If it's the latter, I don't see yet where
> this fits in the proposed structure, as in my opinion bug reports management
> goes farther than just "triage".
>
> Part of this job could be done jointly with QA (reports, etc.).
>
> (and that's why I think the team name is better as bugteam than triage team).
>
> Best regards
>
> Samuel Verschelde

My reply is to the best of my knowledge, but please check with some one
who has been around a lot longer than I !!

According to the old wiki:
The Bug Squad is a group of volunteer members of the Mageia community
who help with bug-related tasks, including triage, maintenance and
monitoring. Bug Squad members make up the triage team, whose job - as
outlined in the Bug Policy
<http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bug_policy> - is to filter all
bug reports in order to ensure that only valid, complete reports are
sent to the development team for action, and to help reporters to file
complete reports. Bug Squad members also help to clean up old issues in
the Bugzilla database.

So we are supposed to clean up old issues. And AFAIK the team has
already done more than that, like report on how many bugs couldn't be
assigned because of missing maintainers. So I guess the team is already
more a bug team than a triage team.

Well, if everyone agrees that this is part of our job, we need to make a
page on Bug report management, too ;)

Personally, I don't like the name "Triage Team" and if I understood
right, Manuel doesn't like the name Bug Squad (please confirm or
disconfirm, Manuel)

I think Bug Squad is funny, but I like Bug Team more.

Regards,
Marja