[Mageia-bugsquad] Wiki struscture

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Mon Oct 3 16:45:55 CEST 2011

Le dimanche 2 octobre 2011 22:38:45, vous avez écrit :
> Op 02-10-11 22:28, Samuel Verschelde schreef:

> >> Do you mind explaining? I see various interpretations of this sentence.
> >
> > A bug reported against cauldron and still valid becomes a bug reported
> > against Mageia 2. If we don't change the Version field from cauldron to
> > Mageia 2, we risk having some bugs fixed only in cauldron without an
> > update being issued in Mageia 2.
>
> And copying it, so that there is the same report against cauldron as
> against Mageia 2?

Maybe. It could be a lot of work to maintain 2 versions of the same bug
report.

> Bugs on different releases should go into seperate Bug
> reports, according to our manual. The Mageia 2 one is then set to depend
> on the cauldron one, and the cauldron one is set to block the mageia 2
> one (because a patch is, of course, going to be tested in Cauldron first)

I'm not sure. A bug could have been fixed in cauldron by updating to a newer
version (independently of the bug report), but still remain in Mageia 2. And
I've seen many bugs fixed in Mageia 1 before or at the same time as in
cauldron.

It's not an easy subject, the solution must be thinked of, taking every case
into account.

Samuel