[Mageia-bugsquad] Radeon 3000 HD driver problem.

Joe joeyp2695 at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 02:41:26 CEST 2012

To whom it may concern: I tried to install Mageia 2 RC and at the end of the installation it told me that it could not install my Radeon 3000 HD graphics driver but after I rebooted the system it said that I would be able to manually install it myself. So after rebooting the system an error message came up and said that Plymouth failed to start and would not let me into the OS to fix and install the graphics driver manually. This problem also occurred when I tried to install Mageia 2 Beta 3 a few weeks ago, it seems to either not be able to find or not be able to install it. I’m not sure which it is, but without installing it at the end of the installation of the program it won’t let me into the OS after rebooting. I hope this problem can be resolved. I have noticed with other linux  distros that graphics drivers seem to be an issue. If you could drop me a line when you fix this problem I would really appreciate it. I really love Mageia and cannot wait to start using it, Mageia 1 was  a very good beginning for the first OS. You impressed me, and that says a lot because I’m not impressed that easy. Thank you, Joey. PS, let me know when its fixed.