[Mageia-bugsquad] Proposal against the Mga1 End Of Life bugs

Manuel Hiebel manuel.mageia at hiebel.eu
Wed Oct 31 20:53:28 CET 2012

Here is my proposal for the bugs against mga1 which will be End Of Life
in December.

After a quick cleaning we have still '312' Mageia 1 bugs. The deal is to
close them.
https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=ver%3A1

I will send this message tomorrow or Friday:
(text come from fedora)

 >This message is a reminder that Mageia 1 is nearing its end of life.
 >Approximately 30 (thirty) days from now Mageia will stop maintaining
and issuing
 >updates for Mageia 1. At that time this bug will be closed as WONTFIX
if it
 >remains open with a Mageia 'version' of '1'.
 >
 >Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because
you plan to
 >fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later
 >Mageia version prior to Mageia 1's end of life.
 >
 >Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not
 >be able to fix it before Mageia 1 is end of life.  If you would still
like to see
 >this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it against a later version of
Mageia,
 >you are encouraged to click on "Version" and change it against that
version
 >of Mageia.
 >
 >Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every releases
lifetime,
 >sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a more recent
Mageia
 >release includes newer upstream software that fixes bugs or makes them
obsolete.

And for the 1rst December:

 >Mageia 1 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on ''1rst December''.
Mageia 1 is no
 >longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or
 >bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
 >
 >If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version
of Mageia
 >please feel free to click on "Version" change it against that version
of Mageia.
 >And reopen this bug.
 >
 >Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.

https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Maintenance_of_bug_reports#End_of_life_.28EOL.29_Release
Any objection ?

(btw, Sander95 proposed to add a specific status EOL instead of WONTFIX
which seems not a bad ideas.
but if we had right on it be sure users, can reopen themselves the bug)