[Mageia-dev] Wondering if my e mails are fetting through

David dgboles at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 01:19:44 CEST 2010

On 9/19/2010 7:05 PM, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> Op maandag 20 september 2010 00:54:47 schreef David Boles:
>> On 9/19/2010 6:45 PM, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
>>
>> The 'fix' for this is to reply-to or post-to the list (this works will
>> all lists) and to Bcc: yourself. Gmail will 'keep' your post when it
>> comes back from the list but it will pass on to you the Bcc: that you
>> sent to yourself. Your Email client will / should put it into the
>> thread. Mine does.  :-)
>>
>> BTW: That is what I have done here.
>
> and also, it gives no guarantee that the mail effectively _was_ sent to the
> mailing list, cause the BCC will cause your own server to send it back to
> yourself, before it even makes it to the list.

I have used Gmail since it was in beta and I have never had an email not
arrive to a list. I use this on all of the mailing lists that I follow.
The emails show up on the list(s) and in the list archives as quickly as
the email server posts them.

If you 'report' this to Google they will send you the same 'form reply'
that they send to all explaining this.
--

  David