[Mageia-dev] When the jobs will start???

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Sep 21 14:53:01 CEST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Gabriel Duarte at 21/09/10 13:44 did gyre and gimble:
> I have seen a huge euphoria around Mageia, people joining to help,
> developing, translating, managing,  anyway...
> When we'll consolidate a new structure to start developing our goal?

Various wheels are in motion with regards to infrastructure setup.
Details of this and the progress etc. will be released very soon.

It's a matter of timing to a degree. We probably would have preferred to
have things more setup and arranged prior to announcement, but in order
to ensure the community was not disillusioned by the lay offs and lack
of public statement regarding direction and plan within Mandriva itself
we had to make an announcement sooner rather than later.

Various legal stuff has to happen now (formation of an association etc.)
and then various other things will follow.

Like I say, there should be some announcement about this very soon.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie