[Mageia-dev] Art, Logo and Branding

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Thu Sep 23 16:16:30 CEST 2010

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Peter Watson wrote:

> Now we really need someone with marketing expertise to drive this
> issue forward.
>
> Question is WHO?

Umm, I'm sure Graham already said that he is offering himself.

Graham, I'm not a marketing person, but I agree with almost everything
you say, the only thing that I don't agree with is that the name should
be up for debate.

Too many practical things depend on the name so if whe change the name,
everything else will be on hold until then.

I do think Mageia is a good name, that is versatile enough for you to
work with, it sounds exotic (I didn't know it was greek, it sounded
spanish to me when i first read it) it's short and unique.

So IMHO feel free to drive the marketing whichever way you like, but
please don't ask for a name change.