[Mageia-dev] Art, Logo and Branding

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sat Sep 25 01:32:27 CEST 2010

Le 2010-09-23 20:38, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le vendredi 24 septembre 2010 à 12:04 +1200, Graham Lauder a écrit :
>
>> Who do I talk to about setting up a Marketing Mail list
>
> We postponed the mls creation until we have a clear delimitation and
> understanding about the various sub groups who will need one, and until
> we can find what we can offer to those subgroups to collaborate ( ie,
> wiki, elgg, or any kind of tools, depending on the need, what is
> available and so on ).
>
> Marketing and communication somehow overlap if we look at the
> description on http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=marketing and
> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=communication,
> communication and webteam may overlap ( as the web site is
> communication ), so could webteam and design, or design and
> communication.
> And webteam and sysadmin may also overlap too or at least, will require
> to discuss.
>
> So we thought that too much mls in the first place would be ineffective,
> as this would get too messy too soon.
>
> I can understand the need to have a list as it somehow act the creation
> of the team, but I think we can do better than a ml to do that, except
> that we do not have the definite infrastructure for this ( but we are
> working hard on it ).
>
>> I'll set up a pirate pad in any case.
>
> I have been pondering on installing gobby on the server, because it is
> packaged, and wait on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Etherpad_FAD to
> adapt the package for our current host ( running Mandriva ), since
> etherpad is rumored to be quite complex to setup properly.
>
> In the mean time, yes, a piratepad would be a solution.

I had taken a look at the Wiki sign-up page and topics the other day
when the call for help in categorizing the topics went out to members of
the community. After reading through the list of topics and the
individuals who had signed up I came to the same conclusion as you --
many overlaps between topics.

 From an organizational perspective, at this point, you would have to go
through each topic, take a good look at the descriptions that people
have left in their subscriptions and pidgeon hole them in temporary
categories. After this, you would have to have to make a list of
categories that were severely lacking help and compare the two lists.
After doing this, you would have a clearer picture of where there is an
over-abundance of help and others where the is a need for help. You
could then come back to the community and ask if anyone could sign up to
help in these categories. This would make for a speedier organizational
schedule.

Some of the categories are pretty well defined already and could get a
temporary organizational go-ahead from the Mageia group to start in on
their topic work. They could go-ahead with the understanding the the
organizational structure of the topic could change as the project matures.

Marc