[Mageia-dev] Will this work for a build system?

André Machado afmachado at dcemail.com
Sun Sep 26 16:27:37 CEST 2010

--- misc at zarb.org escreveu:

From: Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>
Subject: Re: [Mageia-dev] Will this work for a build system?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 15:38:19 +0200

Le dimanche 26 septembre 2010 à 14:22 +0200, Olivier Blin a écrit :

> > It would be cool if it could be done that way.  Why pay for data
> > center space, hardware, electricity and big bandwidth when you could
> > have a community-provided "cloud" for free? :o)
>
> Because there are some authentication and integrity issues which are not
> simple to solve: we have to be sure that the binary packages really come
> from the unmodified SRPM (so that it does not contains malware).

We could however use this to host something similar to koji scratch
build ( ie, build that are not pushed to central mirror ).

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingKoji#Scratch_builds_2

--
Michael Scherer

Tis idea is cool. Can we do something like Nasa' SETI - Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence -, a community build grid: everyone install dev tools in your machine and runs a piece of software what downloads a SRPM or a part of a SRPM to this machine, compile it and uploads it back. Mageia can be built in minutes (despite some members low connection speed) and would be something completely new and innovative!

Reguards,

--
Andre Machado - www.twitter.com/afmachado
Mageia - A Magia continua