[Mageia-dev] A comparison of forum software from a security POV

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Mon Sep 27 19:52:05 CEST 2010

  Am 27.09.2010 10:44, schrieb Tux99:
>> So, requirement #1: open source license (as in http://opensource.org/ ).
> Well out of the ones I listed that is:
> phpBB - GPL
> myBB - GPL
> FUDforum - GPL

I would definitely not consider using SMF, for various reasons:
http://www.simplemachines.org/about/opensource.php

Some time ago mandrivauser.de used SMF, and then there
came a point where we wanted to do something like an
offline live-cd of the forum. We didn't get written permission
or even any permission at all to redistribute the forum,
so we had to change the forum software.

If you want details, i can dig them up or maybe wobo can
tell you a few things about this.

This is only meant to keep this decision a bit future-safe ;)