[Mageia-dev] Can Firefox be included in Mageia?

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu Sep 30 23:33:41 CEST 2010

Le 2010-09-30 15:55, Anne nicolas a écrit :
> As a note, I spoke with Pascal Chevrel today from Mozilla Europe. He
> told me that Debian was going back to use Firefox. Legal issues are
> solved
>

> -------
> Anne

I believe even at the time that Debian had issues with the Firefox
brand, that Mozilla didn't really consider it an issue. Mozilla had a
harder issues with the Debian re-branding of Firefox. The message they
tried to send to the debian community is that there was really not such
a big issue over this.

Nice to see its fixed as it takes a little work from the dev's to remove
the "brand" out of software and, normally, if you have made it a big
deal, then it all has to come out totally. Just imagine the work the
Mageia dev's have to go through to remove the "Mandriva" mention from
the distro before working on it. I am sure the debian devs are breathing
a sigh of relief and shaking their heads over this one.

Marc