[Mageia-dev] So?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Oct 1 02:16:34 CEST 2010

Le jeudi 30 septembre 2010 à 19:37 -0400, SinnerBOFH a écrit :

> On Sep 28, 2010, at 1:41 PM, Anne nicolas <ennael1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just to mention: we will tomorrow evening send a review on all work
> > currently done: infrastructures, association, global organization
> > --
> > -------
> > Anne
>
> Any news on this front?

I guess Anne forgot, thanks for reminding us.

I can make a brief summary from what I remind :

- a sysadmin team have been created, except we do not have yet servers
to manage ( ok, 1 ). I will let nicolas (boklm) explain, as he was in
charge of this

- we have a vm offered by gandi.net, to host secondary dns + blog + www
+ secondary mx + temporary svn. It is not installed yet ( besides the
os )

- damien(damsweb), raphael(rapsys) and anne (ennael) are taking care of
getting a hoster for the 5 servers that were offered by a donor who wish
to stay anonymous, and for the missing hardware ( mainly hard drives ).

- the statuts of the association should be sent on friday or at the
beginning of the week, published 1 month later roughly ( once reviewed
by administration ), by severine ( sevalienor )

- olivier (Nanar) should soon annonce plan for mirrors ( and a perl web
application to take care of this, so if people want to help him on
anything ).

- afaik, we will also soon post a FAQ on the website, written by damien
and severine, and proofread by anssi and ahmad

- I am working on a planning for the deployment of the buildsystem
( roughly, 4/5 days from scratch without server installation if all goes
well ), when I am not answering to mails or taking care of servers.

- romain is still working on the manifesto, among others ( like helping
for statuts, organisation rules, getting contacts, etc )

- we have been contacted by various newspapers, podcasts, etc, which
have took lots of time. I will not spoil the surprise however to tell
where we answered :p

- buchan ( bgmilne) is taking care of the ldap part to store accounts

I may have forgot some parts, and some people, but I think that
summarizing everything that was since a few days. Of course, you can
also add the work of AUFML for donation, the part about blog done by
damien, etc.

--
Michael Scherer