[Mageia-dev] Talk of Browsers

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Oct 1 10:59:49 CEST 2010

Le jeudi 30 septembre 2010 à 22:18 -0400, Liam R E Quin a écrit :
> On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 04:07 +0200, Tux99 wrote:
> [...]
> > While we are at it, why don't we rather include AdblockPlus enabled by
> > default with EasyList+EasyPrivacy filters for Firefox?
> > Blocking off ads and tracking scripts makes Firefox a lot faster too!
>
> Possibly, but then you don't get the ads... which, like it or not, are
> funding an awful lot of Web sites.

I always wondered why Microsoft didn't crush Google by forcing such
settings in Internet Explorer some years ago. They could even have done
worst, downloading but not showing and ask the choice to users on
install time, and let advertisers know this fact ( which would have
rendered all statistics useless, and therefor disrupted the market in a
way that Google would no longer earn as much money ).

Maybe I am more evil than Microsoft :(

--
Michael Scherer