[Mageia-dev] About Mandriva tools future : Host Mandriva tools on github

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Oct 1 13:29:49 CEST 2010

Le vendredi 01 octobre 2010 à 12:52 +0200, Olivier Blin a écrit :
> Fabrice Facorat <fabrice.facorat at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > 1. host Mandriva tools on github or code.google.com. This will ease
> > fork maintenance and tracking, to contribute back ( without having to
> > have a Mandriva account )
>
> Why host them externally?
> A self-hosted "forge" is probably better.

Yup, and I can only add a link
http://mako.cc/writing/hill-free_tools.html

> But actually, just moving to git could make contributions easier,
> because of the ability for developpers to commit locally, and push
> incremental patchsets.

I would be in favor of 1 git repository for 1 software, even if I didn't
see people complaining that svn prevented them to provides patches :)

On the infrastructure side, it was also proposed to look at gitorious
for this. Is it packaged in mandriva ? ( if not, maybe that would be a
good way to help ).

--
Michael Scherer