[Mageia-dev] News about the forum

Frederic Janssens fjanss at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 00:44:54 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 00:14, Maât <maat-ml at vilarem.net> wrote:

> Nota: Fud has got the very cool mailing list bridge that we should set
> up rather as soon as possible on the official board (but as already said
> this feature still needs to be thought about, discussed by people and
> heavily tested to avoid backfires... considering the current mailing
> lists trafic and the obvious lack of love of some packagers for forums
> this is not something to underestimate)
>

> => The survivor is phpBB3
>
> As far as I know to have a mailing list bridge with phpBB3 one needs
mail2forum 2.0 which is not finished.

http://mail2forum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3574
    says :

Hi, the project is out of developers so you could say it is dead.
Latest m2f 2.0 alpha release works but it is a feature-lacking version. It
is being used by some ppl in production sites though, but this is not
recommended.
AFAIK there are NO mods out there that even get close to m2f 1.2
functionality. Not even google/yahoo groups get close

but the site also says :

The m2f team are seeking new developers to join the project. We need
experienced PHP developers who would like to help with the v2.0 redesign,

So : would there be volunteers to help m2f ?

--

Frederic