[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at multilinks.com
Wed Oct 6 15:09:36 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, 6 October 2010 12:33:02 Eatdirt wrote:
> On 01/10/10 08:51, atilla ontas wrote:
> > What's your opinion?
>
> Hi all,
> what do you think about no release cycle at all?
>
> Just something like mdv cooker, all the time up to date; you update when
> you need it.

And if you need one specific new package, you will need to upgrade the majority
of your distribution ...

> It maybe problematic for bugs, but that might be solved with 2 builds,
> one for developpers/tester only and the others for public purpose, a
> sort of continual backports.

And it is only useful to < 1% of the global population.

We don't want the entire Mageia userbase to be almost identical to the number
of people who actually run cooker.

As a user who has run cooker, that was only on 1 of 5 machines which run
Mandriva.

Regards,
Buchan