[Mageia-dev] Talk of Browsers

Graham Lauder yorick_ at openoffice.org
Thu Oct 7 09:21:04 CEST 2010

On Thursday 07 Oct 2010 19:11:45 Mihai Dobrescu wrote:
> I think that I read somewhere that Mandriva *started *as KDE centric.
> AFAIK, Gnome, KDE and some other popular DE are supported and Mandriva
> spent an important effort to make them look alike from the main menu and
> other customizations point of view.
> As file browsers I like Dolphin, Konqueror and I use Krusader a lot.
> As internet browser, Firefox is my favorite, although I use Opera
> occasionally (it's ergonomic, free but not open sourced). I would like to
> see Firefox having Chrome's architecture (each tab in its process) and less
> memory consumer (this is due to plugins too - the pluggable architecture is
> what makes me stick with it).

Don't kill konqueror it's my default ftp client.

There are already a bunch of Gnome centric distros.

KDE centric would be no issue nobody else is so in fact it would be a
excellent point of difference.  In fact, if it was my decision I'd leave Gnome
to Ubuntu, Redhat, CentOS, Debian, Solaris and all those Gnome centric distros
and concentrate on being the best KDE environment.

Cheers
GL