[Mageia-dev] Talk of Browsers

Arnaud Patard (Rtp) arnaud.patard at rtp-net.org
Thu Oct 7 14:06:27 CEST 2010

Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> writes:

Hi,

>> I saw that suggestion from somebody (in a post to this or the
>> mageia-discuss list). Mandriva officially supports both KDE and Gnome,
>> to my understanding.
>> Since I came to Mandriva from RedHat, I'm more used to Gnome.
>> I've tried KDE; it take a lot more space, and Gnome suits me better.
>> So evidently, I'd like Mageia to support both.
>>
>> - André (andre999)
>>

> But we still haven't heard from someone on the core Mageia group? Or
> is this issue still unsettled? Is there anyone from the core group who
> could jump in and straighten us out?

imho, I don't see any reason why one DE should be prefered to one an
other. There will be people working on GNOME or KDE or whatever. Mageia
is handled by a community so this give the possibility to have versions
with KDE or GNOME installed (or something else). We have choices so why
should it be reduced to no choice at all ?

As regards having it as default/"prefered" choice, it's something else...

Arnaud