[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Thu Oct 7 17:43:23 CEST 2010

Le jeudi 7 octobre 2010 17:15:45, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> So the above linked wiki page is about stating and nailing down the problem
> several people here seem to agree there is:
>  - first, make sure everyone speak about the same thing; so everyone should
>    state her own point of view, detailed;
>  - second, work this refined problem in depth, so that we see what is really
>    the problem, and not only the symptoms;
>  - third, once the problem is clearly stated, the solution(s) may be more
>    obvious to see/discute/define.
>
> Note that at this current stage of discussion, it may as well be that there are
> _several_ issues mixed as one. So we could as well split the problem into
> relevant parts.

I think I see what you mean : you want the thing to be more globally thought that just pointing at some specifif improvements (whatever needed they may be). I'll try to stay in the frame, and will try to show that backports perception indeed has something to do with the feeling that updating your "favorite" applications is impossible or difficult in today's model :)

Regards

Samuel Verschelde