[Mageia-dev] Mageia repository sections, licenses, restrictions, firmware etc

Lucien-Henry Horvath tempo2 at marneau.eu
Tue Oct 12 18:19:44 CEST 2010

  Le 12/10/2010 18:11, Olivier Méjean a écrit :

>> Mageia won't be installed only in France; those patents still apply in
>> other countries so not all patent restrictions can be dropped.
> And going that way you will have to drop each software that will break a law
> in a country ...
>
> Olivier
Hi,
+1
When I install a linux distro (Ubuntu - OpenSuse - Mandriva), my first
reflex is to install all the "non-free" packages because I can not use
the full functionnality of my PC (watching protected DVD, proprietary
drivers like nvidia / ati / wireless ... etc. ...)

Is it possible to build a Mageia distro with all necessary package for
easy use without all this patents problem and specifically for each
country some specials web pages ?
In these web pages : the list of non-free packages to replace by free
packages ...
(for example).

Patent restrictions are completely against ease of use and enjoying user
experience.