[Mageia-dev] Mageia repository sections, licenses, restrictions, firmware etc

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu Oct 14 18:25:35 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-14 11:02, Anssi Hannula a écrit :
> On Wednesday 13 October 2010 14:29:14 Marc Paré wrote:

>>> So I assume that you volunteer to find another Tier 1 mirror to replace
>>> ibiblio.org ?
>>
>> I was actually going to approach a university in Canada this week about
>> mirroring but I think I will wait till this is sorted out. I don't
>> believe I could convince them if they read this thread. They would most
>> definitely have second thoughts.
>
> Indeed, as even Debian/Ubuntu do not ship libdvdcss (e.g. arch, gentoo do)..
>
> As for patents, Ubuntu already has 4 mirrors in Canadian universities.

Yes, Ubuntu is riding a wave of popularism at this point. Their product
marketing is working quite well. You find/hear of them constantly. It's
something we should be doing as soon as we publish our first solid
product. The first release is just testing the infrastructure and
product so we still have time to organize.

Marc