[Mageia-dev] Mageia repository sections, licenses, restrictions, firmware etc

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Oct 18 01:53:44 CEST 2010

Le vendredi 15 octobre 2010 à 07:43 +0200, Olivier Méjean a écrit :
> Le vendredi 15 octobre 2010 01:18:37, Michael scherer a écrit :
> > On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 09:57:03PM +0200, Olivier Méjean wrote:
> > > then French law is the law we have to consider for Mageia. Debian runs
> > > under SPI organization located in the state of New York, USA, thus is
> > > ruled by US Laws.
> >
> > Since the only people who will have issue with this are the president ( aka
> > Anne ) and the people who distribute this ( ie mirrors admins ), I think
> > we should ask them and follow their opinions, and only theirs. Because
> > we can speak of "we have no problem", we will have nothing what ever we do,
> > because we are likely not liable. Anne and mirrors owners are. So their
> > words is what does count.
>
> So is Mageia a community project or not ?

1) This is starting to look like FUD. I suggest you to re-read you again
next time you post in a non native language.

2) Being a community doesn't mean that you can force some people to take
responsibility for everybody's wishes.

> Then when we will talk about Marketing stuff we will follow only marketing
> group opinions ?

When the penal responsibility of the marketing group will be involved,
this would be a valid comparaison. Since this is not the case, this is
offtopic and a wrong comparaison.

--
Michael Scherer