[Mageia-dev] Mirror tree structure

Remy CLOUARD shikamaru at mandriva.org
Wed Oct 20 19:22:17 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 06:34:24PM +0200, Olivier Thauvin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The peoples/ directory is dedicated to contributors and must allow
> anyone to share files related to the distribution (testing rpms,
> preworks) in an unofficial ways.
> How this can be setup in practice still have to be discuss.
Hi, I would like to ask some details about this:
As some of you might know, I’m using awesome for a window manager and
have been providing RPMS for quite some time for it on my website.

May I use the peoples repository to provide it as well as a customized
cairo (with xcb enabled) ?

Will users be able to add this as another repository ?

I must admit the process was quite painful for me up till now, this
sounds to me like an easy way to provide and maintain this RPM.

If we switch to git for the VCS, I would just make my own branch on top
of the regular cairo/awesome branch, and it would definitely ease this
process. WDYT ?

Regards,
--
Rémy CLOUARD