[Mageia-dev] Mirror tree structure

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Thu Oct 21 00:47:54 CEST 2010

* Wolfgang Bornath (molch.b at googlemail.com) wrote:
> 2010/10/21 Olivier Thauvin <nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org>:
> >
> > I am not sure our mirror will reach 700MB but sice the current cooker
> > tree is near of 80Go (w/o iso), and if I take as base 2 release per
> > year, then I obtain 700GB in three years.
>
> So 350Go would be enough for the current version plus the previous 2
> versions (including ISOs). Would that be a "valid" mirror?

If the rules I suggested are applied and at time, yes.
But be aware the tree will grow release after release.

I am waiting the release cycle to be defined to know how much space
we'll need. If we choose to do only one release per year, the 700GB size
will occur only in 6 years. And if we don't import all rpms for mandriva
the size need will be less again.

Regards.

--

Olivier Thauvin