[Mageia-dev] Mirror tree structure

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 08:18:08 CEST 2010

On 22 October 2010 08:11, herman <herman at aeronetworks.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 17:07 -0700, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>> 2010/10/22 Olivier Thauvin <nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org>:
>> >
>> > In fact we have no way to deny to someone to do a partial mirror. The
>> > question is from our point of view, do we encourage people to create
>> > non testable mirror or untrusted mirror (not update enough to ensure
>> > last security update get sync).
>> Besides that people can put up mirrors in any way they want and use
>> them in any way they want. They are just not listed as "official
>> mirrors of Mageia".
>> Everybody was happy, the maintainers of the list,
>> me, and all people who used my mirror (it was not crowded, even at
>> release time). A solution suitable for everybody.
> So should we have an 'Official mirror list' and an 'Unofficial mirror
> list'?  Because a mirror that is not listed at all, is rather hard to
> find.

I think wobo meant "local" mirrors, e.g. the mandrivauser.de mirror
was mainly used by German users who found out about it from
mandrivauser.de forums. (and having a list of "unofficial mirrors"
will be a pain, how would one differentiate "unofficial" mirrors that
just don't mirror some sub-trees, e.g. debug, and "unofficial" mirrors
that are just plain old/don't-get-synced-regularly).

--
Ahmad Samir