[Mageia-dev] Suggestion-Locales management for One (or Live) Cd releases

atilla ontas tarakbumba at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 13:52:34 CEST 2010

2010/10/25 Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>:
> That's not true. In all of those distros language selection comes
> first in installation. I installed Ubuntu 10.10 from the normal live
> cd without internet connection and language selection came first. Same
> with openSUSE. I strongly recommend to keep language selection on the
> first step, no matter which way of installation you chose.

That's not what i mean wobo. Those distros do not provide localized
isos, not OpenSuse-Gnome-europas-americas1.iso.  OpenSuse installs
i.e. turkish locale packages after installation (and it even can't
provide Traditional Turkish F keyboard layout. in any meanings with
yast)

Also, i do not mean to languge selection comes later. Pls, read
carefully my previous posts and try to understand what i want to mean.

If we will release a Mandriva One like live cd then my proposal's
whole concept is:
1- User boots with mageiaone
2- User selects keyboard layout; Mandriva One's grub configuration is
capable for that.
3- Live cd starts to loading ram
3- A dialog popup appears and asks if he/she wans to select language
4- If an active internet connection detected  notifies users that
selected languge will downloaded from net otherwise user use live
system in English. After DE starts an if an active connection is
present, installs user's selection of language files while installing
on hard disk.

I want to make an attention,
If a language doesn't included in Mandriva One release; user will not
have any native language support for outside of DE applications when
he/she install to harddisk Simply, ie. Azerbaijani user *must* install
other packages than DE installed within live cd again to have
Azerbaijani support. Because /etc/rpm/macros file do no let other
language files other than it includes. :)