[Mageia-dev] LibreOffice

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Tue Nov 2 18:12:14 CET 2010

Le 2010-11-02 11:48, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le mardi 02 novembre 2010 à 09:55 -0400, Marc Paré a écrit :
>> I am a member of the Mageia marketing team and as well as a LibreOffice
>> marketing team member.
>>
>> I have been asked to enquire if LibreOffice will be included in the
>> Mageia distro and if anyone knows who the packager will be for LibreOffice?
>>
>> Ahem ... of course I would encourage Mageia adopt the LibreOffice as its
>> main office suite.
>>

> Hi,
>
> We do not have any build system yet, neither do we have official
> packaging team and so until we have them, I think that discussing every
> detail on what packages we will have is just a discussion that will
> happen too soon. ( and it also take some time that I would better spend
> doing concrete system administration instead of answering and following
> discussions :/ )
>
> If someone provides a package, then I see no reason to not have it,
> that's as simple as that.
>
> And if people want to start right away, they can start working a package
> targetting Mandriva cooker, as this would likely be what we will use.

Hi Michael:

Thanks for the advice. It may be that there is a packager on the LibO
team who would like to do the packaging for the Mageia version. maybe
this is why they are enquiring. If this is the case, should he/she join
the Mageia team? I imagine your answer would be yes. I know that I would
encourage any LibO packager to join the Mageia team.

Does anyone know if the LibO suite will be adopted as the official
Mageia Office Suite? We used to have OOo as our official suite in
Mandriva. BTW ... we have been advised to be ready for a LibO final
version in 4-8 weeks if all goes well. We are just going through the
betas. So, it should be ready for the final version of Mageia when it
comes out.

Marc