[Mageia-dev] LibreOffice

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Wed Nov 3 07:37:20 CET 2010

Le 2010-11-03 00:26, andre999 a écrit :

> Salut Marc :
>
> I'm down to start contributing as a packager for Mageia, so if I have
> the time I'll try packaging LibreOffice for Mandriva cooker.
> (It'll be the first time, but I've already installed the rpm building
> packages.)
> I've already been helping kill a few LibreOffice bugs.
>
> Note that Mandriva has Go-oo, not the official OOo of Sun/Oracle.
> It looks like Go-oo and LibreOffice will complement nicely -- Go-oo more
> experimental, both more open to community contributions than the
> official OOo, which insists on copyright assignment.
>
> - André

Bonsoir André:

I had a talk with a LibO member and he says that a French packager on
the Mageia team could be interested in helping to package LibO for
Mageia. Maybe you could do this together and help each other out? It
could help cut down on time, just in case the LibO distro versions show
up fast and furious.

Marc