[Mageia-dev] sync with mandriva

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 13:46:16 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 12:46, Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 November 2010 13:41, Bruno Cornec <Bruno.Cornec at hp.com> wrote:
>> Michael Scherer said on Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 12:37:44PM +0100:
>>> Well, a flat or a directory like structure for perf reason, yes. But it
>>> was discussed some years ago on maintainers@, and so I think this was
>>> raised as well, except that I do not remind the outcome. Spuk did the
>>> work, so you need to ask him.
>>
>> Well, I thought that a new distro could afford discussing again some of
>> the choices that have prooved to be problematic in the past thus my msg.
>> I'm not sure that history is so important that opinion of people who
>> will manage that in the future.
>
> IIUC, history in this contest means "the reasoning behind
> rejecting/accepting it", i.e. instead of doing the research from
> scratch we can take it from where it ended the last time it was
> discussed and re-evaluate the pros and cons.

Right, but again, is there a doc or a pointer to that? Because a
"remembered point of view" holds for nothing. Thank you Google, here
it is: http://lists.mandriva.com/maintainers/2007-12/msg00198.php .

Either way we are going, it should be at least documented and (a
little bit) argumented, especially if it get debatable.

Romain