[Mageia-dev] Release cycle - what is actually POSSIBLE?

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri Nov 26 11:21:08 CET 2010

Le 2010-11-26 03:14, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> 2010/11/26 andre999<andr55 at laposte.net>:
>> MIhail Papadopoulos a écrit :
>>>

>>> Why not going down the right path: A rolling release cycle would be simply
>>> great. After all, this isn't a commercial distribution, so it shouldn't be
>>> a total noob Ubuntu-style mishmash.
>>>

>> Why ?
>> What do you mean by "rolling" ?
>> How would it improve things for the user ?
>> How would it improve things for the developers/packages/translators who
>> provide Mageia ?
>> What are the costs ?
>> What are the benefits ?
>> And how does that compare with the alternatives ?
>
> This has already been discussed in length in one of the lists, very
> early, IIRC ist was early October . There were even polls in
> communities about.

Yes it was. I think it will re-surface again due to Ubuntu's recent
advertising of going to a "rolling distro" scheme. We may have to go
through another round of these comments.

Do we have an archive list of the user mailist where we can refer people
to continue on that particular thread? Are the mailists archived?

Marc
Marketing Team Member