[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout, round two

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Mon Nov 29 11:11:17 CET 2010

Michael scherer a écrit :
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 11:16:57PM +0100, Maarten Vanraes wrote:

>> is there a way to get rpm usage stats from those unmaintained packages.
>>
> No. We can only get download stats from mirrors. While it may be biased toward
> some geographical preference ( ie, I doubt many people download locale-zh
> from distrib-coffee ), it can give at least some ideas. Nothing precise, but
> still better than random.

If the package in question is on an ISO, we can only speculate if it was
installed from the ISO.
So we would have individual downloads + possibly any/all ISOs (one or
more times).

>> they really do so, it's kind of their own fault. i don't think the majority
>> does that. the majority leaves it at default.
>>
> And so the majority will say "$distro is bad because there is not enough software".

Exactly.  So sense hiding officially non-maintained packages.  Many work
perfectly well.  And for those that don't, resulting bug reports could
result in them being fixed.

- André