[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout, round two

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Mon Nov 29 17:11:08 CET 2010

* Samuel Verschelde (stormi at laposte.net) wrote:

> Le lundi 29 novembre 2010 15:24:04, Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
> >
> > Le lundi 29 novembre 2010 14:56:20, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> > > - complexity over time of support because package move from main to
> > >    contribs and viceversa. Especially when there is some backports from
> > >    a software in main that would requires a software in contribs, etc.
> >
> > Indeed, this is a pain :)
> >

> It's a pain, but the policy saying a supported package must rely on other supported packages is not totally bad. I hope whatever the mirror structure we will enforce such a policy (with changes maybe, or exceptions).

IMHO, the mirror structure do not have to be designed to reflect logical
structure. At least until someone write a multidimensionnal filesystem
able to represent all link rpms can have between them.

(/me is thinking he had a wonderfull idea: ls '/deps/provides/rpm > 4.4'
I'll introduce this into Sophie ! :)

--

Olivier Thauvin
CNRS  -  LATMOS