[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout, round two

Yann Ciret mageia at zamiz.net
Mon Nov 29 22:57:27 CET 2010

Le 29/11/2010 15:44, Dexter Morgan a écrit :
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Jerome Quelin <jquelin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/11/28 22:12 +0200, Thomas Backlund wrote:
>>> So the mirror medias accordingly to all comments so far would be a simple:
>>>
>>> * core
>>>   - enabled by default
>>>   - mirrors must mirror this media to be listed as a mirror
>>>   - only GPL stuff
>>>   - must be selfcontained
>
> I liked the main/contrib separation.
> Main was officially supported + sec updates and with only core this
> means a lot more work/support.

I dislike the main/contrib separation in some case.
The first example is with Mozilla Thunderbird packages. Some extension
packages are in contrib. So each time thunderbird received security
update, the update cannot be installed because of non automatically
rebuild of his contrib package. And each time I see a bug report of user
asking a manual rebuilt. With only one core media, this situation will
disapear (I hope).

> the other part ( non free + tainted ) seems OK for me

Me too