[Mageia-dev] Support policy

Buchan Milne bgmilne at multilinks.com
Wed Dec 1 09:35:52 CET 2010

On Tuesday, 30 November 2010 18:09:38 Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le mardi 30 novembre 2010 à 16:36 +0100, Samuel Verschelde a écrit :

> > Well, I can't because as you already told me we don't know what our
> > resources will be. What I can guess is that they are limited because I
> > know no free software project where there's too much resources.
>
> Well, from a physical point of view, everything is limited, so saying
> "limited ressources" didn't indeed told much.

[...]

> But still, having community enabled QA is a great way to have every grow
> properly.
> And in fact, that's exactly one of the feature of your project
> mageia-app-db. So we could indeed have a better QAteam by easing the
> work of community, using mageia-app-db. Ie, take regular user, and turn
> them in QA team member.

BTW., this is one reason why I would prefer a Mageia user or contributor to
have one account, for everything. It reduces the obstacles becoming a
contributor. A user who post on the forum has a bugzilla account and a wiki
account and should be able to provide feedback on packages etc.

Only when the user needs to be able to push changes somewhere without
authorization of another contributor, does the user need to request privileged
access (but, on the same account).

Regards,
Buchan