[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:05:51 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Ernest N. Wilcox Jr. <ewilcox at bex.net>wrote:

> As I see it, we already have a usable mirror lay-out (posted earlier in
> this
> thread). The only real discussion that should remain is whether to include
> the
> "tainted" branch in the official Mageia tree, or to offer it in an
> alternate
> repository such as PLF (my earlier suggestion).
>
> --
> Ernest N. Wilcox Jr.
> Registered Linux User 247790
> ICQ 41060744

Good point. I would suggest that (with permission like you mentioned) we
include only such patented software in the main repos like drivers. And
everything else like mp3 in the tainted.

Especially network-drivers should be included, nothing is worse than looking
for the drivers if you have no network (as I always have to do in Debian).

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Greetings

Daniel Kreuter