[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 13 16:03:10 CET 2010

2010/12/13 Hoyt Duff <hoytduff at gmail.com>:

> In other words, if the taint is available to you, and you believe to
> touch the taint is bad, don't do it. But don't force others to follow
> your rules.

Yes, this applies to users and mirror maintainers in these
environment. This discussion is about exactyl this decision and how
Mageia can make it possible or impossible, hard or easy, for the
mirror maintainers and the users in question.

I don't think this discussion is about how good or bad legal
restraints on software are, or about how some countries enforce or not
enforce the laws they have.

> The PLF approach has been a good one because it allows the specific option of touching the taint or not while accepting the official distro defaults.

Exactly. It offers an easy way for the mirror maintainers and the
users to decide, whatever related circumstances you are living in and
whatever your position is on this issue. Why not use it?

--
wobo