[Mageia-dev] Choosing packagers representatives

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 23:48:47 CET 2010

Op vrijdag 17 december 2010 21:35:14 schreef Angelo Naselli:
> venerdì 17 dicembre 2010 alle 13:59, Anne nicolas ha scritto:
> > Hi there
> >
> > As mentionner here, http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=org, we need to
> > vote for 2 representatives for packagers team: one representative for
> > Mageia council and one to help this guy and manage team in daily
> > tasks. You can have a look on packagers meeting logs about how we
> > should choose them. Common criteria are:
> >
> > - experience in packaging
> > - willing to *manage* team
> > - start with these 2 guys until first release is done (as done in i18n
> > team)
>
> I'd add
>  - has time to spend in it
>
> Cheers,
> 	Angelo

- preferably someone who is willing to be in the founder's meeting (or follow
it closely)
- and someone who will communicate with the other teams on various problematic
points (QA, triage, dev, ...)

i would think that the first person will probably have lots more meetings
and the second person will probably have to be a good decider for small
things.

if you look at these requirements, that means that being an expert packager is
not enough(nor is it the most important point); the major points of these
person are the personalities and qualities as a person; and perhaps earlier
experience in managing people and guiding them.

the second person should preferably be an expert packager, someone who knows
what consequences will be when they decide something; even though it'd be
minor.

I would like for each candidate, to see some resume sort of thing, to see if
he/she is suitable for this kind of important job.

just my 2cents

so, anyone who wants to make his/her candidacy