[Mageia-dev] maintainers database

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 23:55:39 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 23:41, Maarten Vanraes
<maarten.vanraes at gmail.com> wrote:
> imo, it could be used into mageia-app-db, allthough the purposes are a bit
> different.

So it should be a separate component.

> however, if we plan on using ldap to store the maintainership (it would be
> more like groups for each package and people being member of it...), then
> perhaps it should be in catdap.

I'm not sure this should be put into the LDAP, but I may be wrong. The
data model is likely to change often enough (even if not a lot) and
queries are likely to be frequent enought, to justify a separate,
simple db/app for that. But here again, I may not have all the infos.

> however, we will have need of this soon; and it should also take into account
> co-maintainers...

That's the group thing, yes (be it explicit or implicit).

Romain