[Mageia-dev] Mageia policies

Remy CLOUARD shikamaru at mandriva.org
Sun Dec 19 12:02:21 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 08:32:06PM +0200, Ahmad Samir wrote:
> On 17 December 2010 18:06, Leandro Dorileo <ldorileo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Balcaen John <balcaen.john at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Le jeudi 16 décembre 2010 15:21:32, Remy CLOUARD a écrit :
> >> [...]
> >>>
> >> How we should handle that ?
> >> Import a policy we want to review in mageia's wiki & answer here that we're
> >> working on it ? so others people can check it/propose somes changes to it ?
> >>

> > I suggest importing and start working, don`t need a fine coordination,
> > just start editing, discussion may be directed by the people who
> > previously changed that policy so they can be self coordinated - IRC
> > is way more effective for that purpose, mail mageia-dev ML with status
> > updates. Someone could create the initial wiki pages just to avoid
> > "namespace conflicts/duplication".
> >
> > Regards...
> >
> > --
> > Leandro Dorileo
> >

> IMHO, anyone should drop a word he's working on importing any of the
> pages, so that others don't waste time importing the same one.
Yes, the goal is to coordinate ourselves to review the policies to avoid
duplicate efforts. Now, keep in mind that the wiki is temporary, I was
waiting on input from sysadm team so that real work can start. But
admittedly we need some place to store the policies, though that means
that pages will have to be migrated twice instead of once :/

I’m in favor of discussion for the time being until the wiki is up and
running, the goal is to be able to review changes, and decide what will
change and how.

Regards,
--
Rémy CLOUARD