[Mageia-dev] maintainers database

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Tue Dec 21 10:34:00 CET 2010

Luca Berra a écrit :

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:06:36PM +0100, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
>> For instance:
>> * instead of having a single maintainer for a given package, have
>> several maintainers (with an admin maybe) over a given package (easy);
> yes please
>
>> * should there be groups of packages defined? (this adds/replicates
>> some logic that may already be somewhere else)
> this can be useful, many desktop environments consist of more than one
> core package and development/packaging should be coordinated, so it
> makes sense.
>
>> * should there be explicity groups of maintainers? or implicit (as
>> made of people maintaining the same package)?
> i think explicit
>
> L.

We could have a structure something like this :

Primary key : name of package

Other fields, 1:1 relation :
- package rpm category (+ subcategory, if any)
- repository
- etc

Other fields, 1:N relation :
- Packager nickname + packager status (primary maintainer, trainee or
whatever) + real name + email
(The last 2 items could be in a separate table keyed by nickname.)

- Package dependancies (names of other packages)
- Package provides (names of other packages)
- etc.

Any of above fields could be chosen as secondary keys.

This is just a quick suggestion, for the purposes of discussion.

It doesn't seem that this sort of info would be useful in
  mageia-app-db, which is primarily for end-users.

another 2 cents :)

André