[Mageia-dev] maintainers database

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Tue Dec 21 12:48:57 CET 2010

nicolas vigier a écrit :

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, andre999 wrote:
>

>> We could have a structure something like this :
>>
>> Primary key : name of package
>>
>> Other fields, 1:1 relation :
>> - package rpm category (+ subcategory, if any)
>
> What is the category ?

I meant the rpm group tag

>> - repository
>> - etc
>>
>> Other fields, 1:N relation :
>> - Packager nickname + packager status (primary maintainer, trainee or
>> whatever) + real name + email
>> (The last 2 items could be in a separate table keyed by nickname.)
>
> Why duplicate infos from ldap database ? And why would we need that in
> maintainers db ?

Basically info in the packager wiki page.
what ldap database ?

>> - Package dependancies (names of other packages)
>
> Why would we need that in maintainers db ?
>
>> - Package provides (names of other packages)
>
> Why would we need that in maintainers db ?

These are just ideas thrown out for discussion.
All info related to packages.
If all such info were included, it could facilitate the validation of
packages - if we were to find that a good idea.

Obviously going a little beyond a bare list of packages and maintainers.