[Mageia-dev] Proposal for bugzilla

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sat Dec 25 01:04:20 CET 2010

Ahmad Samir a écrit :

> On 24 December 2010 13:02, Michael scherer<misc at zarb.org>  wrote:

>>> and this method is deprecated ( i mean the big list ) because this
>>> slow down too much the server.
>>
>> The server, or the the browser ?
>> ( because server side, that's just a SQL query likely in cache, while
>> browser side, you have to render a enormous 15 000 items list,
>> with allocation of objects, etc, etc ).
>> --
>> Michael Scherer
>>

> Exactly. So if this get implemented I'd like it to be optional, i.e. I
> can still turn it off in my bugzilla preferences.

Not only that, it should be off by default.
End users tend to use the default configurations, and the last thing we
need is a bugzilla so slow that end users will be dicouraged from
reporting bugs.
In my mind, it is triage and QA who would benefit the most from such a list.
It seems if we were to have such a list, that it might be better to make
it a separate (web) application, which could be referred to in a
separtate tab/window, so it is charged only once for reviewing a number
of bugs.
But if triage/QA is not interested, it is better to avoid this big list.

Another thought : maybe we should have separate rpm and srpm fields.
Because end-users will relate more to ordinary rpm's, several of which
could be generated by the same srpm.
Do you think that would be useful ?

my 2 cents :)

André