[Mageia-dev] Proposal for bugzilla

Michael scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat Dec 25 20:20:24 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 06:02:18AM -0500, andre999 wrote:
> However, invoking the rpm command has certain advantages.
> Most importantly, if done on the system of the user finding the bug,
> it reports exactly the correct version of the srpm.
>
> For example, on my system, if I type in the console exactly :
>
> rpm -q --qf '%{sourcerpm}' binutils
>
> _without_ the version, it returns :
>
> binutils-2.19.51.0.2-1mnb2.src.rpm
>
> _with_ the version, which is exactly what we want.
>
> So I have a suggestion.
> With your Ajax skills, I imagine that you would be capable of
> setting a button which automatically invokes that command on a
> binary rpm field, to fill a srpm field ?
> Could you try that as well ?
> If it works, then I think we would have a better solution.
>
> I could try it, but my html/javascript skills are quite limited.
> Just a suggestion.

Javascript cannot invoke command on the user computer for obvious
reason of security. I guess, no one want a random webpage
to run rm -Rf ~ or similar harmful command.

We could however use some exploit in firefox or epiphany for
that...

Not to mention that running rpm would only work on installed rpm, which would not
help if the bug is "cannot install rpm".
--
Michael Scherer